Thursday, December 31, 2009

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes

-5 airport runs (4 to Texas, 1 to Vegas). I still hate flying.
-Too many cycling races to count.
-3 top 10 finishes.
-2 teaching contracts.
-1 Master of Arts in New Testament Language and Literature scored!
-1 Master of Arts in Educational Leadership begun.
-1 acceptance to Ph.D. program in Ft. Worth, Texas.
-1 health scare with Drew's dad.
-1 health scare with me.
-1 bicycle crash that scared ME more than Drew.
-5, 101, 1: highways to drive up the beautiful California coast to San Luis Obispo.
-1 registration with Central Casting.
-1 background acting job on Cold Case!!
-4 celeb spottings: Rebecca DeMorney, Lauren Conrad, Sean Penn, & Marg Helgenberger (who I sat next to)!
-An estimated 250 cups of coffee...but who's counting, right?
-105 new 6th graders
-1 novel begun.
-5 chapters currently finished.
-1 poem/children's book written.
-1 life-altering discovery of French-pressed coffee.
-2 games of tennis before I got frustrated.
-5: number of rumors about how I fell and was taken to the hospital one day at school (the best one? I tripped over a stray dog in the middle of the quad, breaking my neck and bleeding everywhere).
-2 trips to Las Vegas.
-4 Twilight books read (I finally gave in).
-5: number of times I watched the movie (I really gave in).
-20+ number of times I listened to the soundtrack. (Um, I love it ok)!!
-2 anniversaries under our belt. I still love being married.
-3 Ph.D. program applications: Baylor, Wheaton, Notre Dame
-2 homes. I miss Texas when I'm in California and I miss California when I'm in Texas.
-1 New Year's Eve on the couch with my best friend. :)

Ok, so my numbers don't quite add up to five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred, but I tried. By this time next year we will be living in a new place, although we have no idea where that will be yet. I honestly don't want to think about it right now as it makes me sad and a tad stressed, but God has taken care of us so far and I have no doubt that He plans to continue...something we can ALL agree on (whether Armenian or Calvinist...haha).



"How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets?
In midnights, in cups of coffee?
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife?
In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes?
How do you measure a year in the life?"

2 comments:

  1. You're so creative :)

    PS- I finally caved on the Twilight series myself. Kyle gave them to me for Christmas and I finished the final one two days ago. Oh, and I read New Moon in one sitting. I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you love them also!! I actually...ahem, read the first, second, fourth, and THEN went back and read the third. I know that's awful, but I couldn't stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete